Taxpayer FAQs

faqsTower’s corporate mission is to convert real estate tax liens into revenue for our municipal clients. Part of this mission is also assisting taxpayers meet their obligations in a reasonable and timely manner, thus avoiding further interest and penalties. Tower is committed to dealing with all taxpayers in a respectful and consistent manner. Our servicing staff is experienced in handling taxpayer inquiries. We can be reached toll-free at (800) 316-9584.
We understand that unique circumstances may result in a taxpayer’s inability to pay off their outstanding obligations immediately. When this occurs, where permitted by law, Tower can offer installment payment plans designed to help taxpayers satisfy these delinquent obligations. Please review our Frequently Asked Questions below which may answer questions you might have concerning your outstanding tax lien obligations.

Why do I owe my delinquent property taxes to Tower?

Your local government assigned your tax lien to Tower to accelerate its tax revenue and help balance its budget. As a result of this assignment we have been authorized to collect upon these delinquent obligations.

Will it cost me more than if my municipality had not sold the tax lien on my property?

No. Tower, by statute, is only authorized to collect the same interest, fees and costs as your Tax Collector or Treasurer. No additional interest, fees or costs will be imposed except where a foreclosure action is required due to non-payment.

Can I repay my outstanding delinquencies by making payments in installments?

Depending on the legal requirements of your taxing jurisdiction and other circumstances, you may be able to qualify for an installment payment plan designed to allow you to redeem your outstanding tax obligations over time.

I think I paid my tax bill, but it still shows on the land records as unpaid, how can I get this resolved?

A Tower servicing representative can check to see when you paid the bill and when the release was sent, please call (800) 316-9584 to discuss your account’s status.

I don’t live at this address anymore, why are you trying to collect this obligation from me?

This happens from time to time, as Tower receives its information from your local government and there may be a reason why it has you listed as the party responsible for the delinquent tax obligation. If you received a bill that you believe was in error, please call a payment specialist at (800) 316-9584.

I have filed for bankruptcy and I have received a notice from Tower. What do I do next?

Please call us at (800) 316-9584 to speak with one of our servicing representatives who will update our records. When you call please have the date of your bankruptcy filing and the case number as well as the telephone number of the attorney who represents you.

Please feel free to fill out the form below with any questions or comments and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible.

[ninja_form id=1]